WHAT WE DO
Our team of caring and supportive editors uphold the highest ethical standards in our work with students, faculty, and academic and career professionals. We blend our ethical practice and our unwavering commitment to student success to provide a heartful and productive writing coaching and editing experience.
WHAT WE DO
- Provide coaching and editing support to students, faculty, and academic and career professionals on academic writing and the mechanics of style
- Read and review all documents for spelling, grammar, punctuation, consistency in formatting, and alignment with APA style (7th edition) and campus-specific guidelines
- Suggest alternative words or phrases and guide writers on flow, sentence and paragraph structure, and organization of ideas overall
- Present students, faculty, and academic and career professionals with a thorough overview of areas that need attention and improvement
- Track all edits and changes for the client to review and accept
WHAT WE DO NOT DO
- Write content for students, faculty, or academic and career professionals
- Assess the validity of sources (we edit for consistency with the citation style, not the quality of the sources themselves)
- Check for plagiarism or accept responsibility for plagiarism (we expect that the content provided to us is original and that paraphrased or quoted material is cited in alignment with style guidelines)
- Guarantee the project will achieve the client’s intended goal (we do our best to ensure precise and thorough editing and formatting, but the success of the project as a whole rests solely with the author)
- Accommodate poor planning or failure to submit materials on time (the quality of our work, and therefore your project, is affected by a tight deadline)
Plagiarism is the representation of another’s words or ideas as one’s own in any academic work. Plagiarism includes, but is not limited to, copying from the internet; copying from a peer; failing to credit an author’s ideas that you have quoted, paraphrased, or summarized in your own words; reusing your own work for multiple classes or assignments; and/or knowingly misrepresenting quoted evidence.
NONDISCLOSURE AGREEMENT AND RECORDS RETENTION
Each member of the Heartful Editor team signs a nondisclosure agreement as part of the contract process, which includes a statement on records retention. All information related to your intellectual property is protected. Heartful Editor retains only the final copy of your project in a secure, password-protected location for company records. All other versions of your project will be deleted at the completion of the editing process.
Examples of projects include but are not limited to:
Theses and Dissertations
… and more!
Marketing and Outreach Materials
Social Media Content
… and more!
Read TESTIMONIALS from Heartful Editor’s clients.