JOIN OUR TEAM
It is a true joy working with Heartful Editor. Working with the Heartful Editor team has restored my faith in the positive and collaborative nature that work can and should be in professional settings, especially when it comes to the support of student success. I love the team approach, the positive feedback, the focus on students and faculty, and your true focus on HEART. This is such an amazing company, and I’m so proud to be a very small part of it. When this part-time opportunity came along, I had no idea how truly restorative it would be!
Academic Writing Coach and Editor
Do you love supporting scholars of all skill levels as they find their voice, strengthen their writing, and make a positive difference in the community through their research? Do you geek out about all things grammar, punctuation, and APA? We hope you’ll join our community of academic writing coaches and editors!
Heartful Editor partners with 30+ campuses and academic departments to provide academic writing coaching and editing support to graduate students and faculty, in addition to working with scholars of every skill level on all stages of the writing process, on course papers, capstone projects, career and application materials, theses and dissertations, manuscripts for publication, and more! Heartful Editor’s team of 50 doctorate-educated academic writing coaches and editors upholds the highest standards in our work with students to provide a caring, encouraging, and productive academic writing coaching and editing experience.
We are seeking academic writing coaches and editors with the following skills and experiences to help us support our students and faculty on academic writing projects in the coming year:
- Extensive knowledge of academic writing, publishing, editing and formatting, and the thesis/dissertation process.
- Exceptionally strong expertise in the mechanics of writing and a high level of technical proficiency in the standards outlined in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (7th Edition).
- Demonstrated commitment to student success, writing skill development, human growth and development, and culturally responsive and inclusive practices in education.
- Earned doctorate in the social and behavioral sciences from an accredited institution of higher education. Applicants without a completed doctorate will not be considered.
- Proficiency in providing academic writing coaching and editing support for scholars of all skill levels, including master’s students, doctoral students, and faculty.
Academic writing coaches and editors need to be available to work 10 to 20+ hours per week at $30.00 to $35.00 per hour, depending on the project. The total number of hours per week varies based on demand, with the highest demand for support in February-June and October-December.
Please submit a letter of interest and a resume or CV, with information about your current availability, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application materials are accepted on an ongoing basis. Qualified applicants will be asked to complete an academic editing and coaching exercise to demonstrate proficiency in APA and the mechanics of style, and finalists will be contacted for an interview to be held via Zoom.
Heartful Editor is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, or other basis prohibited by federal or state law relating to discrimination in employment.
Learn more about OUR TEAM!