JOIN OUR TEAM
Do you love supporting scholars as they find their voice, strengthen their writing, and make a positive difference in the community through their research? Do you geek out about all things related to grammar, punctuation, and APA style? We hope you’ll join our community of academic coaches and editors!
Heartful Editor partners with more than a dozen campuses to provide web-based academic writing coaching and editing support to graduate and doctoral students, in addition to working with individual students and faculty members on everything from course papers and career materials to theses, dissertations, and manuscripts for publication. Heartful Editor’s team of 50 doctorate-educated academic coaches and editors upholds the highest standards in their work with students to provide a caring, encouraging, and productive editing and coaching experience.
We are seeking academic coaches and editors with these skills and experiences to help us support our students and faculty colleagues on academic writing projects in the coming year:
- Extensive knowledge of academic writing, publishing, and the thesis/dissertation process
- Exceptionally strong expertise in the mechanics of writing and a high level of technical proficiency in the standards outlined in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (7th Edition)
- Demonstrated commitment to student success, writing skill development, human growth and development, and culturally responsive and inclusive practices in education
- Earned doctorate in the social and behavioral sciences from an accredited institution of higher education
- Proficiency in providing web-based academic coaching and editing support for scholars
Academic coaches and editors need to be available to work 20+ hours per week at $30.00 per hour. Total number of hours per week may vary based on demand, with the highest demand for support in February-June and October-December.
Our search for academic coaches and editors is now open. Please submit a letter of interest and a resume or CV, with information about your current availability, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application materials must be submitted no later than Monday, March 1, 2020 at 4:59pm PDT. Qualified applicants will be asked to complete an editing and coaching exercise to demonstrate proficiency in APA and the mechanics of style, and finalists will be contacted for an interview to be held via Zoom.
Heartful Editor is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, or other basis prohibited by federal or state law relating to discrimination in employment.
Learn more about OUR TEAM!